Microsoft Updates Cascadia Code: Its Open-Source Font For Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Updates Cascadia Code: Its Open-Source Font For Developers

Phoronix: Microsoft Updates Cascadia Code: Its Open-Source Font For Developers

Back in 2019 Microsoft open-sourced Cascadia Code as a font designed for terminals and code editors. The goals are similar to that of Intel's more recent One Mono as another open-source font for developers. It's been three years since the last update to the Cascadia Code open-source font while today rolled out version 2404.23...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice font! Got it set as my default.

Btw, is that picture to the left showing the human DNA sequence?

Comment

EEE

Just EEE.

Comment

This Font is… not my taste

Comment

I use whatever the OS ships with usually, I have rarely seen the need to change font

Comment

Every so often I try new terminal fonts, but I always go back to source code pro. Well, the "sauce code pro" nerd don't variant anyway

Comment

Cascadia is also the font, Microsoft using as default for theire Windows Terminal (https://github.com/microsoft/terminal).

As default is there Cascadia Mono with size 12 used.
              The difference between Cascadia Mono and Cascadia Code is, that Cascadia Code fusion characters like != to one big character ≠ , what Cascadia Mono don't do.

And that font is only used in theire new Windows Terminal (that with different tabs and so), the old terminal have still a different font.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                Very nice font! Got it set as my default.

Btw, is that picture to the left showing the human DNA sequence?
                it is a representation of the Arecibo message

Comment

nice contribution! Cascadia Code Nerd Font is my favourite console font!

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
                    EEE

Just EEE.
                    It's just a font man.

Comment

Working...
                    X