Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA RTX Remix 0.5 Released For Remastering Old Games

Phoronix: NVIDIA RTX Remix 0.5 Released For Remastering Old Games

NVIDIA today released RTX Remix v0.5 as the newest version of this software for remastering old/classic games with path tracing. RTX Remix builds off DXVK and leverages NVIDIA Omniverse and other tech from the green giant like DLSS to enhance older games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Exciting news for Nvidia users.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post
      I believe this is not only for Nvidia users. The game modifications should run on AMD and Intel GPUs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post
        It literally says it tripled performance for RADV.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

I believe this is not only for Nvidia users. The game modifications should run on AMD and Intel GPUs as well.
          Sans DLSS. And there is nothing similar to DLSS Ray Reconstruction on either Intel or AMD side.

Comment

i am serious when i say this, I wish they would do a RT version of Donkey Kong or Super Mario Brothers.

Or maybe Postal 3.

Comment

I am too lazy to google it, is there any way I can run this on Proton, any instructions?

Comment

So you get soft and floaty AI interpretation of the game instead of a deterministic result? Count me in! /s

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                  So you get soft and floaty AI interpretation of the game instead of a deterministic result? Count me in! /s
                  Cause games don't in any way shape or fashion depend on randomness
                  Not at all! /s

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                    Not everyone can afford a 2000€ GPU to play 4K@120FPS. Money doesn't grow on trees

Comment

Working...
                    X